The Medicare Store is the largest agency in Nevada educating seniors about health insurance benefits. We service the insurance needs of over 10,000 seniors in Nevada. We are expanding and hiring additional agents in Las Vegas.
Medicare is the government health insurance program for people over the age of 65 or with certain qualifying disabilities. Medicare alone isn’t sufficient health insurance, so everyone with Medicare is required, at a minimum, to get prescription drug coverage. The Medicare Store helps people understand Medicare and choose the right insurance to go with it. Insurance companies pay us to provide this service.
There are over 600,000 people on Medicare in Nevada. Approximately 3,000 people get Medicare for the first time every month. All of them are required to enroll in some level of insurance or face government penalties. We help these people choose the right insurance for their needs and enroll in Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Supplements, Dental and Vision insurance, and more.
Everyone with Medicare needs a caring, knowledgeable, and confident agent to educate them on their healthcare options. If you are a motivated self-starter who enjoys helping people, this will be a natural fit for you.
There is no typical “day in the life” for a Medicare Store agent. Every day is different and what you do is primarily controlled by you. You will have the opportunity to use your strengths in this role, so we won’t dictate your day. Having said that, here is a summary of the activities that fill an agent’s day:
- Meeting with individuals in-person or by phone to help them enroll in a Medicare plan or make a change to their existing Medicare plan.
- Staffing a booth at a health fair, answering questions, and finding people you can help.
- Staffing a table at a community event, a Walmart, CVS, or other retail locations.
- Answering inbound calls from people who contact our Medicare Helpline.
- Making outbound calls to people who have messaged us online, requested information, or responded to other marketing.
- Servicing the needs of your existing clients by being available for them when they need you.
- Attending training in person and/or via webinar.
Note: It is strictly prohibited for Medicare Store Agents to cold-call prospects.
Medicare Store agents are compensated to help seniors choose and enroll in a health plan. The compensation is paid in commission and residual income. Many of the residuals pay as a monthly dividend for life.
The average income of a first-year agent ranges from $40K to $50K. The average income of a third-year agent is over $100K/year. This information is verifiable.
It may sound too good to be true, but Medicare insurance agents actually make a great living while helping people. If you are the right fit for our team, you could do something good for people every day and create residual income.
Working on commissions may deter you if you’ve never done it before, but if you are tired of trading time for money, this could literally change your life. You can make money and still have control of your time. For those who cannot transition to commission immediately, we offer part-time opportunities.
We will not permit you to represent the Medicare Store until you (and we) are completely confident in your training and ability. Your training will include online certifications, classroom sessions, one-on-one time, and in the field experience. You will have individual and team mentoring. Once you are in the field, you will have instant access to mentors and leaders via our instant message platform and by phone.
Having great tools makes it easy to do the right thing for people. The Medicare store uses cutting-edge and proprietary tools (many of which are not available at any other agency). These include our proprietary agent portal with tools and resources, online quoting and enrolling platform, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, and more.
- A professional and confident demeanor
- Highest ethical and moral standards
- Ability to pass an extensive background check
- Must be able to pass the state insurance licensing exam
- Ability to complete certifications and other credentialing courses and exams
- Reliable transportation
- A reliable laptop computer and cell phone
- Basic computer skills and the ability to use multiple online enrollment platforms
- Being bilingual is a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $40,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year